Thursday, October 15, 2009

Garlic Naan Bread

I've had a few requests this week asking how I make my Naan bread, so I thought just posting it on here would be the easiest way to show multiple people!

OK, I just use my basic bread recipe...

Put into mixer bowl in this order...(I use a Kitchen Aid...LOVE it!)

1 1/2 cups warm water
1 Tbl yeast
1/4 C sugar
1/4 cup oil (or butter)
1/2 tsp salt
3 1/2 C Flour

Mix it all up for about 10 mins, adding more flour if it's too wet. It should be fairly wet, but manageable.

Let rise until double.

Cut into 8 pieces, and roll them out quite thin into any shape you want.

Put on tray, and liberally brush with a mixture of butter, garlic, and cilantro. I use 1 stick butter, about 4 cloves garlic, and a good handful of chopped cilantro.

Bake on high, about 450 degrees until it is starting to turn golden. It would be more authentic if you could bake them on a pizza stone, or on the grill. Or in a Tandoori oven if you have one. I know we all have one lying around ;)



So yummy! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Misty said...

Wow, as soon as I get feeling better, that is what I'm making!

Jody said...

Looks yummy..can't wait to try it!

Anonymous said...

Oh Joanna, I have just found this blog of yours...as well as oohing and aahing over your quilting one. The garlic naan looks fantastic...I am going to give it a go...we adore indian food.